Answered By: Anna Milholland Last Updated: Feb 23, 2017 Views: 40
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service that allows Salem's patrons to borrow materials that Salem doesn’t own from libraries throughout the United States (and from other countries, if necessary). Currently enrolled Salem College students, as well as College faculty and staff, may use Interlibrary Loan.
To request an item from Interlibrary Loan, follow these steps:
- Search for the item in WorldCat Discovery.
- Click on the linked title of the item you need; this opens the detailed record.
- Under the "Availability/Holdings" drop-down, check to see if Salem owns the item.
- If Salem doesn't own the item, or the item is not available for checkout, scroll to "Libraries Worldwide." Click the "Request Item" button.
- Next, you'll be routed to a Request form (you'll see the title you've requested at the top of the form).
- Fill out the contact information in the form - all fields are required, and you must include your Salem email address and barcode (this is the number on the back of your Salem ID) - and submit your request.
We'll contact you when your item is available!