Answered By: Anna Milholland Last Updated: Apr 02, 2015 Views: 31
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service that allows Salem's patrons to borrow materials that Salem doesn’t own from libraries throughout the United States (and from other countries, if necessary). Currently enrolled Salem College students, as well as College faculty and staff, may use Interlibrary Loan.
To request an item from Interlibrary Loan, follow these steps:
- Search for the item in WorldCat Local.
- Click on the linked title of the item you need; this opens the detailed record.
- If Salem doesn't own the item, or the item is not available for checkout, click the "Request From Another Library" button (this is usually about halfway down the detailed record page on the right side).
- Next, you'll be routed to a blank form (you'll see the title you've requested at the top of the form).
- Fill out the contact information in the form - all fields are required, and you must include your Salem email address - and submit your request.
We'll contact you when your item is available!